Wednesday, August 19, 2009

True Confessions

1. I am a lazy blogger. I know, I didn't have to tell you that.

2. I'm drinking wine. Alone. Bucket has a class on Wednesday nights, Llama is cutting SEVEN teeth, and I need this glass of wine. I love it. Carl Reh is my best friend.

3. I got a B in my Tests and Measurements class and I have not even jumped off a bridge. I no longer have a 4.0 GPA of which I am proud, but instead a 3.83 GPA that I do not deplore. I won't say I'm proud, though. I'm angry, both at the capricious grading system and with myself for slacking off even a little bit this summer.

4. I not-so-secretly think that Llama and Bucket are in a conspiracy to kill me with messiness. If Bucket leaves something out, Llama takes it and hides it. If Llama takes something and hides it, Bucket picks it up and puts it on the kitchen counter. I will make a list of things on the counter: 4 black beaded bangles that I wore once, the >. key from this laptop, two pairs of my sunglasses (one now broken), a remote to one of the electronic devices in the living room that is obsolete, and Oreos. The Oreos were already there.

5. My seat in the mommy handbasket to hell is assured. Llama is getting SEVEN teeth and I didn't even know it for sure until tonight. She didn't want to nap today, only wanted to chew on me, so I gave her Motrin and waited for it to take effect, and then put her sleepy self down for napping. When she woke up, she looked like a sweaty, limp dishrag, and she had a fever. Even through the Motrin. And she finally let me in her mouth to see what was going on in there, and it was all bad. Poor little Llama.

6. Aunt Dots is going back to New York and we will sorely miss her. It is much easier to accomplish things when someone else is wrangling the Llama.

I know, six isn't a nice even number, but I'm stopping here. :p

1 comment:

Kim said...

SEVEN TEETH?? I'm dreading Claire getting one tooth. I can't imagine 7!

Also, I read black bangles as black bagels, and thought that was a pretty good testament as to how long Llama had been hiding them.