Saturday, September 26, 2009

I just can't seem to get it together.

Once I get it together, I can't keep it together. If you've known me for a long time, then you know that I used to have a memory like a steel trap. I didn't forget things. I was able to keep a complicated schedule, including assignments for six different undergraduate classes, a work study job, and an internship, straight in my head. No forgetting. Only random use of my planner.

And now I seem to have lost all ability to do that. I have a planner. I live and die by it. If it's not in there, then it doesn't exist in my world. So since I never wrote, "Lock the car," and, "Hold on to your driver's license and debit card," in the planner... I didn't. I did not lock the car and I left it unattended on a medium-size public college campus for eight hours. Luckily, all that was missing was my grey jacket and the mail. Strangely, the Sirius receiver was left. Maybe they don't care about satellite radio. But I really liked that jacket, and it was so old that I can't get a new one to replace it because nothing new is as good as something old. Plus the mail... well, taking my mail sucks, because I had written checks for bills and such, and it's clearly an issue to have such important things missing.

And the driver's license and debit card. I put them in my pocket and I walked to the drugstore for some cold medicine. Somewhere after my purchase, I lost both of them. Of course, I didn't realize this until I was at the grocery store getting milk for Llama. (A day that ends without milk does not end, in case you didn't know.)

And so, I have money in the bank but no way to get it. And I'm a little scared of the whole identity theft issue. AND if I see someone wearing my great grey jacket, I'm going to jack them up. You just watch.

But really, all of this could have been avoided if I still had a memory like a steel trap. How do I go about getting THAT back?

1 comment:

Tess said...

Heather, Mommy brain isn't just during pregnancy. I don't think we ever get our memories back. Ever.