Monday, January 19, 2009

Here we go!

Cheer the Steelers, the black and the gold - the town of Pittsburgh's heart and soul! Okay, I'm done singing. I just had to throw it out there that my beloved Steelers won the AFC Championship yesterday, beating the Baltimore Ravens (those Browns in Raven clothes...)!

And as promised, we went to the Carnegie Science Center on Saturday and had a really good time. Eight adults, five children. A good time was had by all.

Llama's favorite was the fish on the third floor. I'm not an awesome photographer, so you get to see the edge of Bucket's face. Oops. Anyway, watching her with the fish reminded me of when The Army Guy and I took my nephew to the Pittsburgh Zoo when he was about 18 months old, and he tried to climb in with the jellyfish. Apparently the fish love is genetic. If she could have figured out how to get in with them, she would have.

Bucket, being the supergenius engineer that he is, likes trains. It was awesome to watch him show Llama the trains, because she just listens to him as if every single thing he says is magic. He was explaining railroad car dumpers to her, because there is a replica there of something that his company makes.

Llama thought the table where you can see waves move through water was kind of neat. Not as neat as the fish, though. But neat enough. She was duly impressed that I could make it work, too.


That's all for today.

No comments: