Tuesday, January 27, 2009

School seems to take up all my blogging time.

Surprising, right? I know. Who would have thought that full-time graduate school plus full-time parenting would equal so much less internet and television time? I haven't even seen most of the American Idol tryouts (and you know they are my favorite!) and I've been watching Grey's Anatomy during Llama's Friday morning naps.

And yet, in the only class in which I have grades so far, I have a 94%. I thought I'd be doing better than that.

Some random things I have learned so far:

1. If you're five minutes early, you're on time. If you're on time, you're late. If you're late, that is unacceptable. (This strongly correlates with my personal philosophy anyway.)

2. I am going to try very, very hard to schedule my classes so that in the fall, I have two really long nights of class instead of one long one and two short ones. It'll be brutal on those two nights, but I'll save $4 in tolls and $2 in vending machine snacks. I should be embarrassed about my vending machine snacks, but they're the only thing keeping me awake sometimes.

3. Sleep is for the weak. Or those without small children at home.

4. There are a lot of options for putting dinners in the crockpot that don't involve nasty Cream of Crap soup. This is good because then Bucket can just dish out some food for himself and for Llama, put the leftovers in the fridge, and I will eat when I come home. Everyone is happy.

5. I have to take the National Competency Exam (called "the comps" in the common vernacular) in order to graduate. To be licensed, I have to take 12 more credits and then pass the Licensing Exam. I'm going to do that, because I think it'll be far easier to just be licensed from the start than to try to go back later.

Things I have learned that are not even remotely school-related:

1. Llama is quite musical. I got her a xylophone (really it's a crocodile that has six keys and a mallet) and it is her new favorite.

2. Random older ladies claiming to be psychics find Llama and I irresistible. In the past two weeks, we have been approached by three different women all claiming to be able to tell me what Llama will be like as a teenager. I find it creepy and it makes me wish I had an ugly child, or one that didn't smile at strangers.

3. The soup, salad, and breadsticks lunch at Olive Garden is Weight Watchers friendly. If you don't eat the breadsticks, which of course, I don't care about anyway. It pleases me.

4. Local newscasters shop at Williams-Sonoma in Ross Park Mall. I saw one there in her glasses and with her hair in a ponytail. I did not say hi, because even though I watch her every morning, we're not friends.

5. When your Llama starts throwing her bowl and cup on the floor, she is done with breakfast. And therefore, I am done with blogging.

No comments: