Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good morning, Baby Llama...

I sing a good morning song to Llama every day when I wake her up. It's to the tune of "Happy Birthday," and I do call her Llama in real life. She's my little Baby Llama. Her favorite book is "Llama Llama Red Pajama," and that is why she's Llama. Daddy wears a hard hat when he's on job sites, and his head is so big that his hard hat looks like a bucket. People used to call him Buckethead, and then just Bucket... and it made a nice code name. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.

This morning, I went in to her room, singing as usual, expecting to find her up on her hands and knees and rocking. But no! She crawled across her crib to me! We have mobility! And no baby gates. That's today's project. Cupboard latches, doorknob thingys, and baby gates.

Y'know, if I have one failing (snicker), it's that I only vacuum the things you can see. Well, really, I have a Roomba. But it only vacuums the things it can see. Anyway, Llama is like a little human dust mop, and she has found the secret stockpiles of dog hair that we keep under the couches in case terrorists who are allergic to dogs come. She keeps trying to eat it. Apparently I'm going to have to pick up the pace a little bit on the housekeeping.

With that in mind, I'm going to shop for a couch. And babyproofing items. I guess I know what Bucket and I will be doing this evening, and it's not playing Guitar Hero. Have a good day!

No comments: