Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Have you ever heard that November is National Blog Posting Month?

So there's this thing called NaBloPoMo, where you post every. single. day. through November. I'm getting a late start. I don't know that I'll be able to do weekends, since they're pretty hectic around here, with Bucket being home and trying to get house projects done. I write when Llama's sleeping, but if Bucket's home, all bets are off. Anyway, I'm going to do my best to keep up with it.

I'm very excited today (only partially because it's Election Day). Tomorrow, I'm going to have lunch and shop with some very fun girls and our babies! Three moms, four babies, one lunch table. I can't wait.

And I'm also kind of annoyed today because I'm supposed to go to a wedding shower-slash-bachelorette party in Erie this weekend. It would have been a snap to handle this before we had Llama. I would have just gone alone. But Llama is breastfed and she's never been away from me for more than four hours yet. I realize the time is coming when I will be leaving her in someone else's care for longer than that, but I don't think this is the time. Anyway, the original plan was that Bucket and Llama would be in a hotel room while I attended the various events and made my command performance. But now Bucket might have to be out of town, and if he is, that totally wrecks the entire plan. I can't leave Llama alone in a hotel room. So I called the hostesses of the shower (who are allegedly my friends) and asked if Llama would be welcome at the shower with me and said that if this all came to pass, that I would be unable to come to the bachelorette party at all. Nobody has answered my question yet.

Now, I realize it's very rude to bring a person to an event to which they were not invited. That is not my intention. I only want to know if they intended for me to bring Llama or not. If not, that is fine, and I apologize very much, but I will not be there at all. That is just the way it has to be, and it sucks, and people will be angry and disappointed with me, which also sucks. There is nothing I can do about that. So I wait for a return phone call and hope that sooner or later, I will get an answer. Because at this point, I kind of feel like calling and leaving the message that we aren't coming. Just out of annoyance with the whole thing, which is not the right thing to do.

Speaking of the right thing to do, I am going to go vote as soon as Llama wakes up from her morning nap. Happy Election Day!

No comments: